What causes cluster of raised sores on buttocks?
Request to provide details of the lesion
Thanks for the query through HCM forum.
I have read your question/ also seen the photo attached... I understand your concern.. BUT the information given does not seem to be sufficient to advise you properly.
Could you please furnish me with more details like- the nature of sores/ other symptoms accompanying, ( fever, pain, itching, any thing else), Exact site( which is not evident from the photograph)? Please do.. it will enable me to think & reply more scientifically.
Waiting for your follow up..
Investigations/ consultation of an Anorectal surgeon.
Thanks for the information given.It has helped me to get definite direction to think -- & I am sure to guide you about your problem. the photograph attached now gives clue about causation.
1) Though lesions like you have can be from various reasons like infection ( Viral/bacterial), low resistance , conditions like diabetes- delayed normal healing to cause the condition to be chronic. But after reading your query carefully I think in your case the cause is Crohn's disease itself.
* Affection of anal sphincter/anus - Involvement of anus & surrounding tissue in Crohn's is common .It leads to various conditions like - anal fissure, perianal or ischeo rectal abscess and fistula.- which in turn leads to formation of sore lesions, bleeding in between, getting secondarily infected & creating fever-like you had.
* Crohn's disease is known to be an inflammatory condition of bowels- but in some cases it has extra intestinal involvements too. It can affect skin to causes small nodular swelling with a crater & pit at center.
* spread of infection through blood can cause the symptom any where in body.
So you problem can arise via any of these variations of Crohn's. To get rid of it, you need -
2) Consultation of an Anorectal surgeon. After detailed physical & local examination he will order investigations that he feels to be needful They may be -
- Routine blood counts for anemia/ to detect presence of
infection/blood sugar ( fasting & post meal)
- culture & sensitivity test of the sore area.
- culture & sensitivity of blood
- Barium meal follow up/ MRI/CTscan/ Rectoscopy/ endoscpopy
as per need
-Specific antibiotic according to test result along with your
routine medicines for Crohn's disease.
- Surgery in case of perianal /ischeorectal fistula.
5) Life style changes - -should be followed through out life after cure from present problem to lead a comfortable life.They consist of -
To adopt a life style that is friendly with Crohn's- like small & frequent feeds, having diet according to dietitian, less fibers & lot of water consumption, regular walking exercise & care for the sores as directed by your doctor-
I hope, you find the answer both informative as well as useful. Any follow up query is welcome. wish you a swift recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in buttock
- What causes a sore breast
- What causes raised esr
- What causes soreness in the inside of my buttock
- Cause of sores on buttocks
- What causes tumor on buttocks
- What cause a womb to sore
- What causes canker sores
- What causes red and sore buttock skin
- What causes boils on buttocks