What causes cluster of blisters on labia majora?

Dr. S Patra

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: I have an area on my vagina that im petrified is herpes! Ive never had any sort of ourbreak and havent had unprotected sex. Actually im just getting divorced after 13 years. Ive had a fever blister before but never any type of sores or anything on my genitals. Anyway, I got a wax the other day but that is the only thing. There is a little sore spot on my labia majora inside of the fold. There is a slight itch that comes and goes but no "cluster" that i can see. I dont know if it is herpes or if it is an irritation from the wax. Ugh!!!
Answered by Dr. S Patra 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
UPLOAD SOME IMAGES OF AFFECTED AREA.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us on Healthcare Magic.

Kindly, upload or attach some CLEAR and GOOD quality images of the affected area for proper understanding. It will help to assist you better and give proper guideline.

1) How long are you facing this problem?
2) Is there any kind of discharge or bad smell?
3) Do you have any recent sexual encounter with other partner?

Waiting for your response.

Dr Soumen
Follow up: Dr. S Patra 17 minutes later
Omg, when i take the picture i can totally see what looks like a cluster. I am freaking out. Could it be anything else?? I havent even been with anyone! I have never had an outbreak of any kind, no sores or anything! Wouldnt i have had a bad outbreak at some point in my life? I am beside myself! Could i have scratched myself while i had a fever blister at some point? Im hysterical.
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
NOT GENITAL HERPES.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for uploading clear images. Followings are my comments:

1) I have reviewed your all attached images. They DOESN'T look like Genital herpes. It occurs mostly due to local irritation and inflammation of sensitive skin by chemical subs. It is quite common after waxing or using hair removal cream.

PREVENTION AND TREATMENT:

a) Don't scratch the area. Otherwise, it will more aggravate the condition.

b) Use Aloe Vera Gel for soothing effect or Tea tree oil lotion for healing (if available). Calamine lotion is also useful to reduce itching.

c) If above protocol is NOT effective, then topical 2.5% Hydrocortisone cream can be used to treat inflammatory skin condition.

d) Don't shave frequently. Don't stay long time in wet underwear and maintain genital hygiene during period.

e) Use alcohol-free moisturizer cream which contains hydrating ingredients like glycerin, goat's milk, XXXXXXX butter and oils after each time shaving.

2) You should observe the affected area for few days. If they are out breaking more aggressively with pain, fever, malaise, swelling, itching, blister like lesion etc, then you must contact with local health care provider or dermatologist for clinical examination. One swab culture test or blood test may be required to confirm the diagnosis.

Otherwise, you have NOTHING to worry much. Take the above treatment to get effective result.

Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326
Follow up: Dr. S Patra 15 minutes later
Oh my goodness, i am so relieved!!! I was absolutely certain i had genital herpes. Ive been online all day looking at pictures having a heart attack. I feel so much better. Thank you so much!
Answered by Dr. S Patra 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
MOST WELCOME.

Detailed Answer:
You are most welcome in this platform. You must observe the affected area for 1 week and inform me if any above said clinical symptoms appears.

You should write your follow up query in the following link for direct consultation:

Good luck and all the best. Kindly, close the discussion.

Dr Soumen