What causes cloudy vision?

Dr. Dadapeer K

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Two days ago I noted a change in my vision in my right eye resulting in a cloudy visual field which is relieved partially by blinking but it returns momentarily. Visually it is as if I have a slightly cloudy contact lens in that eye, moving across the surface of my eye, but this is not the case.
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
These symptoms indicate contact lens related problems.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to Health care Magic

I am Dr. Dadapeer K, an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye.

I reviewed your history.
The symptoms mentioned by you indicate contact lens related problems. This can be because of associated corneal edema and corneal dryness.

Hence you need to consult your optometrist or ophthalmologist for evaluation of fitting of contact lens and its correction accordingly.

Hope this information is helpful to you.

Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Dadapeer K 38 minutes later
I have not worn contact lenses for at least 3 years. I wear spectacles now for vision correction. Therefore, could this still be related to contact lenses? Even when I did wear lenses I wore one only in my left eye (the eye not currently affected by this condition) for mono-vision correction. Thank you. XXXXXXX XXXX
I have not received a message regarding my follow up question. Would you kindly respond at your earliest convenience? Thank you. XXXXXXX XXXX
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Corneal dryness / dry eyes needs to be ruled out.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Madam,

Thank you for the follow up question.

I reviewed your history.
If you are not using the contact lenses now, then it indicates corneal dryness as it is getting relieved by blinking and use of re-wetting/artificial tears eye drops.

Hence this requires evaluation for dry eyes and treatment accordingly by the use of artificial tears eye drops.

Hope this answers your question.

Thank you
With regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj