What causes cloudy urine?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi, I have discharge in urine sometimes that is white. But then other times it is bloody? Is this something to worry about? I have an IUD paragurad
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Mostly due to UTI (Cystitis)

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have Chronic UTI.

Get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like
Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 2 days later
I made an appointment for tomorrow to see my OBGyN since he could remove the IUD and give me a prescription for the bacteria infection. Is it normal that I'm having pain in my legs...like inside the muscle. I don't really do exercise or have gotten hurt. Yesterday when I peed I had blood in my urineand when I wiped there was blood. My ovaries area does hurt. Could my IUD be rusted or something. Or do you think that it could the infection spreading through my blood?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is UTI (Cystitis)

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

The blood in urine can not be inked to IUD .It is basically infection of bladder (Cystitis),Of course IUD does cause Pelvi Infection that spreads to pelvic organs like bladder etc .

I think removing IUD and taking appropriate antibiotic should resolve the issue .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.