What causes cloudy urine after a radical hysterectomy surgery?
Also normal post-hysterectomy
Hello ma'am and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. As long as you do not observe any odour, itching, or a fever; there is really no cause for concern.
Some tissue and mucous discharge can make the urine look cloudy for a while, and I do not think this indicates anything abnormal. It should all subside within a few days or weeks time. Make sure you follow your doctors orders, and for anything else please do not hesitate to write back to me, as I am always here to help.
Pain can be expected and normal, fever raises doubt for an infection
Hello once again ma'am.
The pain in my opinion will last for quite some time especially after a serious surgery like a hysterectomy. There are many women who even after 10-15 years of the hysterectomy report with some amount of pain relating to the surgery.
But as you have reported a fever, I would recommend a visit to your doctor for a urine and blood analysis to confirm/rule out an infection. Cloudy urine in an individual who has not recently undergone such a surgery is a sign of an infection, but after a hysterectomy it can be normal.
But due to the added symptom of a fever, I would recommend a check up. Please try to schedule an appointment with your doctor and go about the needful. I hope and pray you recover rapidly and completely. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes vaginal bleeding after radical hysterectomy
- Steps of radical hysterectomy
- Abruption and radical hysterectomy
- My bones hurt after having a radical hysterectomy
- Constipation relief after a radical hysterectomy
- Skin sensations in abdominal area after radical hysterectomy surgery
- Postcoital bleeding after radical hysterectomy
- Sex after a radical hysterectomy
- Protein in urine after radical hysterectomy
- Life expectancy after radical hysterectomy