What causes clogged painful ears after Botox was injected near eyes and nose?

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Sat, 24 Oct 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Today I had botox injected around my eyes and nose. I now have really clogged eardrums like on an airplane and actually is painful. I called the doctors office and suggested chewing gum and pinching nose to breathe thru mouth. Nurse injector stated it was not around my sinuses and does not think it was caused by the botox. Should I wait until tomorrow or should I go to Med check place tonight?
My email address is YYYY@YYYY

Answered by Dr. Prasad 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
We can wait unless its extremely painful...

Detailed Answer:

I agree with your care provider. Botox injections into the muscles around eyes and nose is unlikely the cause of painful and blocked ears. I would like to know if you had any symptoms before the botox was injected. I might try and figure out the cause based on the details you provided.

That being said, if it isn't hurting too much, you can wait until tomorrow and meet a GP / ENT surgeon. You might also try an antiallergic agent and a pain killer along with the valsalva maneuver recommended. Those should ease this discomfort to some extent.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarification.