What causes clogged ears?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Question
My ear feels like its got cotten wool deep inside, what does this mean??
Posted Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Binod Kumar Pati 10 minutes later
Hi Welcome to HCM,
I believe there is presence of wax inside. Fungal infection is a remote possibility as there is no itching or other symptoms.
Thanks a lot

Follow-up: What causes clogged ears? 7 minutes later
There was a lot of pain lAst week, it eased off, it now feels like cotten wool when speaking and cant here to well also feels like something is in there and a headache on that side and a little dizzy??

Answered by Dr. Binod Kumar Pati 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
May be wax or a foreign body.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome back.
I still feel presence of wax inside ear.
If you are sure enough about it's absence, then next possibility is a foreign body.
In either case, do visit an ENT consultant, who will guide you. A direct clinical examination is necessary.
Even after it, if you still experience same problem, contact us. We will always be there to help you till satisfaction.
All the best for now.