What causes clicking sounds while moving the hands or being lifted?
No need to worry if you are continuing vitamin d supplementation
I have gone through the query and do understand your concern.
The developmental milestones like standing with support and crawling by this age is normal. Teething started at 9 months of age is also normal. Dentition is called delayed when teething does not start by 13 months of age.
Clicking sound at joints can be due to movement of articular cartilage and is seen commonly in this age.At this age the joints are not matured and should be handled carefully.
Always pick the child gently and joints should not be overstretched or pulled with her.
I can understand your concern regarding the polluted environment and it is always better to avoid that. Exposure to sunlight helps in vitamin D production by skin but there are certain disadvantages of sun exposure that is exposure to ultraviolet rays. So if vitamin d supplementation is going on, you need not to worry about the sunlight exposure.
I would suggest you to continue the supplementation till one year of age.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes neuropathy in hands
- What causes clicking sound in the ear
- What causes sticky hands
- What causes smelly hands
- What are the causes of wet hands
- What causes pains in hands
- What causes clicking and crunching sounds in the kneecap
- What is the cause of ear sound
- What causes numbness in hands while sleeping
- What causes shaking hands while writing
- What are the symptoms of poisoning in a child?
- Suggest treatment for severe cough and fever in a child
- What causes cough, fasciculation, nasal congestion and fever?
- Can an infant be fed with castor oil to cure colic?
- What causes painful red blisters on tonsils?
- Suggest remedy for neck swelling in a child
- Suggest remedy for constipation in children
- Suggest remedy for persistent dry cough and cold in a child
- Suggest remedy for severe fever and cough in a child
- Suggest remedy for headache, dizziness and vomiting