question-icon

What causes clear yellowish discharge from anus with bad stomach ache?

Posted on Wed, 20 May 2015
Question: My daughter has really bad stomach pains. Yesterday, nurse pract said it was a UTI. She just started antibiotics. However, my daughter says there is a clear yellowish discharge from her anus. She said when she bears down, it feels like something is coming out and goes back in again. I saw it and I think it is a hemorrhoid. Call gyro? go to er? Not sure what to do.
Answered by Dr. Riyanka Chail (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Consult a physician at the earliest

Detailed Answer:
Hello madam,
Thanks for writing in to us at hcm.
This is Dr.Riyanka and I am glad to be helping you with your query.

It looks like your daughter has UTI associated with haemorrhoids. I hope a urine examination was done. It is good that you have started her on antibiotics but I suggest you should consult a physician at the earliest.

Pepto Bis (Bismuth salicylate) treats minor digestive ailments. Preparation H suppositories vs cream reduce inflammation.

Did she have previous history of chronic constipation since childhood? because that may lead to haemorrhoids. Hence it would be good to consult a general surgeon too.

Since the haemorrhoids is not bleeding its not an emergency but if she is having severe abdominal pain then an ultrasound abdomen is advisable. A consultation with physician or general surgeon is advisable.

Hope this answers your query. Don't worry .
Do write back if you have any further doubts.

She'll Get well soon.

Dr.Riyanka

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Riyanka Chail