What causes clear watery discharge from urethra?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Thu, 29 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: Hello I was recently treated and cleared of non specific urethritis. I noticed discharge in my boxers when I woke up one morning and went to my urologist. My urine analysis came back negative. He said it was probably excessive prostatic fluid. However I keep waking up with them. The whole situation is making me anxious. Should I not be concerned considering my urine was clear?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is mucus secreted by Bulbo Urethral Glands located in Bulbar Urethra.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have noticed a clear watery discharge from urethra .

The watery secretions that you have noticed is a mucus secreted by mucus secreting glans located in Bulbar part of urethra .Normally when ever one is sexually aroused these glands are stimulated and secrete more mucus which acts as lubricant for free passage of semen while ejaculating .

However secretion is initiated even with sexual thoughts or dreams during sleep of which one is not aware of, that results into soiling your inner wares .

There is nothing to be worried about it as you do not have any urinary symptoms like frequency,burning ,pain etc .

This will get resolved spontaneously over a period of time .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil