What causes clear sticky vaginal discharge?

Dr. Ronald Schubert

Posted on Fri, 2 Jan 2015 in Women's Health
Question: I was told that slimy clear sticky discharge during my cycle means ovulation. My tubes have been tide since 1998. Is that true?

Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No, not true...

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

You were told that the clear discharge from your vagina during your cycle was an indication of ovulation that is not true. There are no outward signs to determine if you are ovulating other than regular menstrual cycles. You would also be ovulating each month since you did not have your ovaries removed. The tying of the tubes just prevents the egg from migrating into the womb to be fertilized. Each month that you have a cycle is a sign that you are ovulating normally. The characteristic of the cycle has nothing to do with the ovulation.

I hope I answered your question. Please contact HCM again with your health care questions and concerns

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj