question-icon

What causes clear mucus in stool?

Posted on Tue, 24 Nov 2015
Question: I am having a clear mucus bowel discharge (movement) which feels like I have gas and am going to have diarrhea. But it is in small amounts. This started today and has occurred approx. 5 times. I feel bloated and uncomfortable. What could this be?
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
take probiotic, lots of fluids and avoid dairy products

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thanks for putting your query in hcm. It appears that you have developed acute infectious enteritis. At this point I will suggest you to get your stool examination and complete haemogram for infection. If there is infection take a course of antibiotic like ofloxacin. Meanwhile take a course of probiotic. Keep your hydration level well by taking lots of fluids. Avoid dairy products. I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Wish you a good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Dr. Amit Jain

Gastroenterologist