What causes clear liquid discharge from the vagina?

Dr. Ramadevi Wani

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Women's Health
Question: hi i was wondering why my vagina is leaking out clear fluid in small puddles mainly in the morning when i get up also i havent had my period in a month and a half. I took two pregnancy tests they both came back negative. my habits or stress hasnt changed either. i was wondering she i go in and have a doctor check me out?
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get an internal examination done.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns.

The secretions get collected in the vagina overnight and when you move about in the morning it is drained out. So you are feeling that it is more in the morning.

Do you have any vaginal itching. Does the fluid have bad odor? If so then you probably have vaginal infection.
If it is just clear fluid leaking it could be due to cervical erosion (condition where mucosa from cervical canal extends to outer surface of cervix).

Pregnancy also may cause increased vaginal discharge. But this is not the case with you.
Get an internal examination done by doctor to confirm the cause for increased vaginal secretion.
Occasionally a period can be delayed and this is normal. Even change in your weight, excessive exercise etc can delay the period. Wait for a week. If you don't start your period by then, repeat the pregnancy test again. If negative take progesterone ( Primolut N or Provera 10mg) daily for five days to start your period.

I hope this is helpful.
If you have further concerns, do write to me.

Best wishes,
Dr Rama
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Ramadevi Wani 5 hours later
well see i have psoriasis and it has broken out and has stayed for about two or three weeks on my upper torso and lower abdominal regions and my acne has cleared up also and i am experiencing mood swings. And a increase in sex drive also fatigue also my nipples get sore from time to time.i have also had soft poop and diarhea and occasional bloating. Me and my husband are confused on why im getting these symptoms based off the fact the pregnancy tests being negative.
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Details below

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome back.
Are using steroids for Psoriasis? Steroids can cause these symptoms you are experiencing.

Subtle changes in hormones in body cause these symptoms like mood swings, sore breasts etc premenstrually. May be you will start your periods shortly.

Diarrhoea bloating could be due to indigestion.

As mentioned earlier repeat pregnancy test after a week.

Best wishes,
Dr Rama

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad