What causes clear clumps of fluid discharge while ejaculation?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
Clear like jelly/ clear silicone looking chunk came out when I ejackulated? Is this harmful? Do you know what it is or what caused it?
Posted Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is agglutinated semen

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for your query, based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have noticed your ejaculate to be like a jelly.

It is due to agglutination (Clumping)of sperms. The sperms clumping together is mainly due presence of sperm antibodies which itself is due to presence of infection.

Please take antibiotics like Doxycycline twice daily along with Vitamin C and E after consulting your doctor. This will help to improve the clumping.

Repeat your semen analysis after two months.

Hope I have answered your query, please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,
I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.