Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes circular lesion on my penis head?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 6181 Questions
I have a slightly raised circular lesion on my penis head, skin appears normal in the center
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: This could be a fungal infection! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about lesion that you have on the tip of your penis. I have reviewed the information and images that you have provided. The circular nature, active borders and apparently normal center is highly suggestive of a fungal infection. Before we settle on this, I will like to know for how long you have had this and whether you have witnessed any itches. Also, has it be increasing over time or it is has remained the same in size? are you sexually active? Is your partner having any symptoms? Though seemingly very typical of a fungal infection, we should bear it mind that it may represent a different infection type like an STD. Please, I will be right here to get this additional information and offer more clarifications and help. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What causes circular lesion on my penis head? 3 minutes later
There is no itching or pain.. It's been about 3 months or so it started small and grew over time.. I'm an sexually active .. I've tried some athletes foot spray on it but there was no change
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: This is tinea corporis! Detailed Answer: Thanks for this follow up precision. It is most likely a fungal infection, called tinea corporis. I am pretty confident you noticed some change using the athletes foot spray but this need a longer duration for real changes to be observed. I will like you to use OTC clotrimazole cream. Apply twice daily(Morning and evening) for 14days. Also, avoid any unprotected sexual encounter during this period. If your partner has any symptoms, they would need to be addressed also to make sure no one gets infected or re-infected after treatment. I wish you well. Keep me posted on the progress. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor