What causes cinnamon odor from nose after sneezing?
Completely normal ma'am, nothing to worry about
Hello ma'am and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. You are perfectly fine and in my opinion quite lucky. The odour that comes post-sneeze is usually due to the mucosa and the accumulation of various particles like dust, bacteria, etc; in your nostrils.
With a sneeze, the combination of the mucosa and all those components is expelled. Because of this, some people have various types of smells in their sneeze. Most individuals have a fowl-smelling post-sneeze odour, and very few have sweet smelling, cinnamon smelling, flowery smelling sneezes. All of these individuals are normal, and so are you.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with your nose, olfactory sense, mucus, your brain or your body. I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help.
No no, don't worry yourself with all this :)
Hello once again.
No such worries and issues.
If you want, you can go ahead with an MRI of your brain. But this is only for your satisfaction, and not because I suspect anything.
You are a healthy young female, and you should enjoy it to the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes constant sneezing
- What causes persistent sneezing after waking up
- What is causing dizziness after sneezing
- What causes running nose and sneezing
- What causes pain around spleen after sneezing
- What causes headache after sneezing
- What causes runny nose sneezing after colonoscopy
- What causes loud sneezing
- What causes itching in eyes and nose followed by sneezing
- What causes uncontrollable sneezing
- Not getting proper sleep, don't want to take sleeping pills. What to take?
- Radiation done for tongue cancer. Started getting pain. How to overcome...
- How to get rid of swollen and painful inner labia?
- Have bradycardia. Got positive stress test and qrs-t angle on ekg. Risk...
- Suffering from chronic acute bronchitis and recurrent pneumonitis. Safe...
- Hard bump appeared on inner thigh and lower abdomen. What could be...
- Have severe dry eye. On Restasis. Used moisture pads. Nothing helped....
- Have osteoporosis. Is it safe to stop taking fosomax while on calcium...
- Sudden pop sound in back. Experiencing pain and hot flashes. Took...
- Suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and bipolar 2. Why am I...