What causes chronic stomach pain?
plain ct is must before contrast
Thanks for writing to HCM.
I can very well understand your frustration and agony.
But the thing is, a plain ct is a must before a contrast specially when we are not knowing what we are looking for. Because one of the common cause of stomach pain is stones, and that can be best seen on a plain film.
Also calcifications if any can be seen only on a plain film.
As after giving contast all things becomes white, and it becomes impossible to diagnose these conditions.
As per your symptoms i think that you are having chronic gastritis, and as you are already taking omeprazole and its not improving, i would recommend that you get an upper gi tract endoscopy done to see the situation inside and also get yourself tested for H.pylori infection, as that can also cause this.
Hope i have been helpful.
Dr. Ashish Verma
If you are feeling pressure lower down then you can show to your gynec. She might advise you for a hysterectomy.
The fibroid must have been there for long and they usually stop growing after menopause.
Show it to your gynac for her expert opinion.
Dr. Ashish Verma
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What can cause stomach pain
- What causes stomach pain and spottting
- What causes stomach pain and vomiting
- What causes constant stomach pains
- What is the cause for stomach pain and diarrhea
- What causes severe stomach pain
- What is the cause for stomach pain with bleeding
- What causes constipation and stomach pain
- What causes stomach pain constantly
- What causes persistent stomach pain
- What does painful foliate papilia on tongue and glands on neck and...
- Suggest remedies to treat food poisoning after eating prawns
- What causes nausea and pains in right upper quadrant when suffering from...
- What could be the cause for excessive salivation?
- Will they examine my pancreas during ultrasound for pancreatitis?
- Suggest schedules and regimens for treating C. diff infection?
- What causes testicle pain when suffering from dengue infection?
- Can lightheadedness and itching in left cheek be side effects of cardura?
- What causes blood from anus when suffering from lupus and bile duct cancer?
- What is the treatment for shortness of breath on exertion while...