What causes chronic stomach pain and nausea?
I have a 14 year old son who has stomach pain pretty much all the time, and whenever he runs around or plays any sport in school, he feels like he is going to throw up.
Upper endoscopy, diabetes testing advised, GI pediatrician to consult
I have gone through the medical history of your son and I am sorry for the situation he is in.
Before running into final conclusion, I like to know :
- is he having problems with bowel movement?
- does he consume healthy foods or prefers junk food more (fast food )
I highly recommend to make an appointment with GI pediatrician and to run further diagnostic tests :
- upper endoscopy to rule out stomach issues (gastritis, reflux)
- abdominal ultrasound
- diabetes testing
Meanwood, I advise to encourage him eating healthy foods and to avoid carbonated/energetic drinks.
Hope it was of help!
He is also constantly chewing his nails when he is exercising, he says if he didn't do that he would throw up.
Thank You XXXX
Still insist to run earlier tests...
Hi back XXXXXXX
Thank you for providing additional medical data of your son.
As long as his bowel movements take 30 minutes plus, I still think he need to run the above-mentioned tests.
With regards to chewing his nails when he is exercising, it seems to be a "bad" habit he has got at the age of pre-puberty. It happens sometimes that children of the age of your son can custom "strange" habits that will subside by passing of time.
If everything is ok with the tests reports I advised earlier, you can discuss his case with psychologist to decide for further psychological support.
All the best!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What can cause stomach pain
- What causes stomach pain and spottting
- What causes stomach pain and vomiting
- What is the cause for stomach pain and diarrhea
- What is the cause for stomach pain with bleeding
- What causes stomach pain with nausea and fatigue
- What causes stomach pain constantly
- What causes nausea diarrhea gas and stomach pain
- What causes nausea stomach pain before pooping
- What causes persistent stomach pain