What causes chronic pain throughout the body?

Dr. Matt Wachsman

Addiction Medicine Specialist

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in Pain Management
Question: I have an unusual tolerance for drugs....in fact I was in a rehap center in Monterey California
The bottom line is that I have chronic pain throughout my body...back surgery and a knee replacement.
I need a pain killer without opiates that will get me out of pain and also let me walk!
Thanks for listening
Answered by Dr. Matt Wachsman 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It's a short list.

Detailed Answer:
There are nerve acting agents like amitryptiline, lyrica, gabapentin ; there are aspirin like drugs including ones that sit on an area like a patch. There is tens units. There is tramadol which has some mild narcotic and some mild nerve pain drug properties.

You might have tried these?