What causes chronic pain in the collar bone radiating through entire hand?
Can be a nerve related pain.
Thanks for posting your query.
The pain in the collar bone that radiates to the hand is likely to be related to a nerve root compression or irritation at the level of cervical spine or under the collar bone. A muscle spasm can also cause such a pain. A direct examination and MRI scan is needed to confirm the diagnosis. The treatment involves oral muscle relaxants, mild pain killers, regular physiotherapy, methylcobalamin supplements and gabapentin. It is best to consult your orthopedician and get the necessary medicines prescribed after proper investigations.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Serious chronic pain causes
- What causes chronic pain in hands and legs
- Chronic pain control causes
- What is the remedy for chronic pain caused by colonectomy
- What can cause chronic pain in left arm
- Chronic pain program causes
- Vague chronic pain causes
- What is the cause of chronic pain in feet
- Chronic pain syndrome causes
- Chronic pain medication causes