What causes chronic pain in the body after sitting for a long time?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: in the past year or so I have developed pains in my quads, bisects, and hips, and shoulders. I work out regularly and I am very active. Thespian is mostly after I have been sitting for a while.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
vitamin D and magnesium deficiency.

Detailed Answer:
Generalised aches on muscles are often found in vitamin D and magnesium deficiency.

I suggest you to consult an endocrinologist and get prescribed vitamin D and magnesium supplements. Your symptoms should improve with that. Also eat magnesium rich foods like bananas, beans, chickpeas, fish, nuts, soybeans, spinach etc which are natural sources of magnesium.

Regarding vitamin D levels, you need to take a XXXXXXX of vitamin D with milk or curd once a week for 8 weeks and then once a month. Each XXXXXXX contains 60,000 IU of vitamin D. But these should be taken only after getting your vitamin D levels checked.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal