What causes chronic nausea and loss of appetite with hot flashes?
Check a TSH/Free T4! Please note ? hypo/hyperthyroidism
Welcome to HCM: Good day, please note that this patient cold have hypothyroid and hyperthyroidism, both will present in this manner, other things could be adrenal disease specifically Pheochromocytoma, especially the fact that you mention eye involvement, her pituitary could be a cause for alarm, in essence spelling what is termed MEN or Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia. Please zero in on endocrinologic testing starting with TSH/Free T4, Metanephrines and Cortisol. Thanks and I hope this helps.
Sorry for the mixup on the password required files. I just uploaded one (all combined) with no password needed. Our insurance was cancelled, and so I am trying to get as much info as possible before heading to the endocrinologist. She has been taking her blood sugar at home for the last couple of days, and has had 120, and 126 for fasting glucose, and similar values for 2 hours after eating. Thank you.
She is NOT diabetic, her HbA1C is normal, that is a more reliable test
Welcome back to HCM
Please note that she also will need a PTH to be done, this is because her Vit-D is low, she might have malabsorption of Vitamins D,A,K,E pointing to a pancreatic issue.
But again this would be Endocrinologist who can comment on this, interesting all other labs are normal so far.
Let me know if there's any more queries
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can sarcoidosis cause nausea and hot flashes
- Is anxiety causing hot flashes with headaches earpains nausea
- What causes severe hot flashes in elderly age
- Secondly chronic nausea causes
- Hot flash on forehead what caused this
- Chronic nausea causes
- What causes chills and hot flashes
- What causes severe nausea hot flashes dizziness weakness
- What hormone causes hot flashes
- Cause of hot flashes abdominal pain nausea shaking