• question-icon

What causes chronic dizziness and nausea?

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have been suffering from dizziness nausea for about 6 months now...I have taken every test and blood test available and nothing shows up... so I am thinking Vertigo....I had my neck adjusted Thursday and was in bed all day Friday with dizziness and nausea...I need help as I cannot go on this way...
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be due to sensorineural degenerative changes

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. You could be having sensorineural degradation of her hearing apparatus. The organ of hearing lies in our inner ear (vestibulocochlear apparatus) can also be associated with the sense of balance. Certain viral infections can give rise to such presentations as you have described but at advanced age like yours, degenerative changes are more likely. I would insist you to get an audiometry done. It will possibly point to the underlying cause. Meclizine is an over the counter medication that can help. Vestibulocochlear stabilizing agents like cinnarizine or betahistine might be needed but since these are prescription medicines you might need to visit a doctor to get these prescribed. You also need to take plenty of water and fluids to drink.

Let me know if I could help further.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha