What causes chronic cough with hoarseness?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Mon, 19 Sep 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Chronic cough with hoarseness and at times lost voice. Been going on for years and clears for short time then back again. Sometime dry others with small amt of mucus. I've been on all types of cough medicine but nothing seems to work. Where should I go to get diagnoses
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consult pulmonologist and get done PFT.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
In my opinion you should consult pulmonologist and get done clinical examination of respiratory system and PFT (Pulmonary Function Test) to rule out asthma and bronchitis as both of them can cause similar symptoms.
PFT will not only diagnose but it will also tell you about severity of the disease and treatment is based on severity only.
You may need inhaled treatment.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.