Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

What causes chronic cough along with wheezing?

Sep 2017
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 12595 Questions
My husband is suffering with chronic cough and wheezing over a year now. A doctor prescribed an inhaler which does not work. Should he go see an ENT doctor?
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
ENT doctor won't help in this

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Sorry to say but ENT doctor won't help in this case
COPD is chronic obstructive Pulmonary disease.
It is progressive lung disease.
It can not be cured completely, we can only control it.
Control of symptoms depends on many factors like smoking habit, type of inhaler, proper technique of inhaler, PFT (Pulmonary Function Test) report, pulmonary rehabilitation done or not etc.
So please let me know
1. Is he still smoking?
2. Which inhaler is he using?
3. What is his last PFT?
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better.
I will be happy to help you further. Wishing good health to your husband. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor