What causes chronic and intermittent abdominal spasms?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 20 Mar 2017 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Chronic, intermittent abdominal spasms lasting for 15 - 60 min. Lying in fetal position is only type of relief. Not consistently related to eating but more so with activity
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please give details and post actual reports.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
To recapitulate: Female/69 - h/o double lung transplant one year ago - started chronic, intermittent spasms in abdomen lasting for 15-60 minutes since then - lying in fetal position is the only type of relief - not consistently related to eating - more so with activity - Doctors can not figure it out ...
Please give some additional information for me to assist you better:
What are the associated symptoms like > nausea, vomiting, bloating, constipation?
Any pain in back?
Any investigations done till now; if yes, please post the reports.
What are the medicines you are on?
Is there any referred pain to back or any other other site?
Any other information that you would like to share?

Awaiting
With Regards.