What causes choking, nausea, sleeplessness and fatigue for a diabetic patient?

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 20 Apr 2018 in Diabetes
Question: Hi. I am light headed. Choke while eating a lot. Sick to my stomach easily. Hot/cold. Don’t sleep well.. I have poorly maintained diabetes. I weigh 250. 5’4” tall. Always tired. Some back pain.. could this be heart
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello Ma'am

After going through the medical details provided by you i would like to tell you that your symptoms doesn't point towards any cardiac issues instead look for of Gastrointestinal issue.

However taking into consideration the fact that you are diabetic and considering your age group its advisable to get one ECG and an Echocardiography done to rule out any cardiac issue.

For your symptoms of chocking i would like to suggest you to kindly visit a Gastroenterologist personally for evaluation and opinion.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng