What causes choking and burning sensation in throat after consuming alcohol?
This may be due to reflux disease
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in HCM. I am a Gastroenterologist.
This gastric problem may be due to acid peptic disease and reflux. For which I will advise you to :
1.to avoid tea, coffee, oily and spicy food.
2.Also avoid citrus fruits and alcohol.
3.Among medications take a proton pump inhibitor like rabeprazole and a prokinetic agent like domperidone.
4.Dont lie down at least for 2 hrs after any meal and
5. Dont drink water for at least 2 hrs with any meal
I hope I have answered your query and this will help you . Wish you a good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes choking in sleep
- Choking sensation in throat after tonsillectomy
- What causes dry throat and mouth with choking sensation
- What causes choking on saliva
- What causes a sudden choking sensation
- Sensation in throat after choking incident
- Choking sensation in throat anxiety
- What causes choking sensation in throat
- Choking feeling in throat caused by smoking
- What can cause choking