What causes choked throat and breathing difficulty?
I will need a few more details regarging your complaints to evaluate better.
1) any history of sore throat , fever, cough
2) shortness of breath.
3) change of voice.
5) how long have you been having these complaints
Awaiting your response,
Dr Rajkishori Godhi
The answers are as follows:
1) any history of sore throat , fever, cough - first instance happened 3 years back when I had 3-4 cigarettes (I am not a smoker) and then chocking happened followed by fever.
Second instance happened 2-3 weks back and because of smoking 2 cigarettes followed by raise in body temp. Breathing became fine after 3 days.
These are only two instances I had cigarette in my life.
2) shortness of breath. No
3) change of voice. No
5) how long have you been having these complaints - It happened twice in my life as mentioned above, but since second instance I am feeling it randomly.
I am not going to smoke again but how can I cure it? I hope it helps to clarify my situation.
Hello Mr XXXXXXX
Since both the times it happened after smoking , there is a possiblity that you are allergic to some component of cigarette smoke.
Another possibilty is that you are down with either upper or lower respiratory tract infection.
You should see a doctor to undergo complete evaluation to come to a diagnosis.
You may also need a PFT- pulmonary function test- it evaluates your lungs.
Do not worry, Do not smoke again.
Dr Rajkishori Godhi.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Throat cramps difficulty swallowing and breathing cause
- What causes breathing difficulty with dizziness
- What is the cause and treatment for breathing difficulty
- What cause palpitations with breathing difficulty
- What can cause difficulty breathing
- What causes bloatingnauseaswelling in throat and difficulty in breathing
- What can cause difficulty in breathing and smelly breath
- What causes pain with difficulty breathing
- What causes breathing and swallowing difficulty
- Phlegm in throat cause short of breath