What causes chlamydia symptoms despite a negative chlamydia test report?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Thu, 15 Dec 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: If chlamydia is postive for 3 weeks and i get tested again after treatment and its negative but still have symptons, what does this mean?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It suggests inflammation of urethra (Urethritis)

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have been detected to have Chlamydia infection and was treated with antibiotics .and subsequent lab test has been reported to be negative However still you have symptoms .

The symptoms that you have are mostly due to inflammation of urethra (Urethritis)

You need to take antibiotic like Doxicyckine and anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily for 2 more weeks .

Ensure to drink ore water .This will help to reduce dysuria I would suggest you to refrain from sexual activities till it gets cured completely .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.