What causes chills while on Cozaar?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 28 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I have HBP Ihave been put on several BP meds to no avail. I am currently taking Cozaar 50mg. My problems are diuresis and terrible chills following. I feel sick all the time. Any suggestions??? Thanks MD
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would explain your symptoms could be related to an urinary tract infection, not related to your current therapy.

I would like to know your actual blood pressure values.

Coming to this point, I would recommend performing some tests to investigate for the possible causes:

- a chest X ray study
- complete blood count
- blood electroltytes
- an urine analysis
- an abdominal ultrasound or urinary tract ultrasound

You may need to take antibiotics.

Hope to have been helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri
- a urine bacterial culture