What causes chills, fever, diarrhea, and discoloration of external urethral meatus?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Wed, 22 Aug 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: about 3 weeks ago, i felt i was getting sick.. chills and i had a fever of 102 for 4 days, tylenol was keeping it in check, no sore throat, no lymp nodes, just fever then headache, no diarrhea, no vomiting, went to doctor, said i had the flu, go home and rest.. fever went away but still had some night sweats, a few days ago i felt great for a few days, went to the gym and worked out mildly, went to work , ate at taco bell, got home that day, not feeling good, went to bed, again got the chills , fever only went to 101, this was monday, on tuesday had diarrhea , 3 times, was not very hungry but ate what i could, soup, fruit, etc, last nite at 5 had a hamburger, have not gone #2 yet, last time was 2 pm yesterday, passing gas normally, I have noticed that the very tip of my penis uretha seems discomfort, no pain when urintaing at all, i spread it apart at the tip and notice a little discoloration, and actually have been feeling this mild discomfort for a few weeks
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to dehydration .

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query .
Based on the facts that you have posted and the history that you have narrated it seems that you had bacterial infection of GI Tract Gastroenteritis which led to dehydration due to fever ,and diarrhea .

The discoloration of external meatus that you have noticed is mostly inflammation of urethral mucosa .

I would suggest you to get following basic tests done
1) Haemogram
2) stool Examination
3) Urine routine analysis and Culture .
4) Ultrasound Scanning of abdomen

In the mean while start taking combination of Ofloxacin and Ornidazole with Pantaprazole twice daily.

Ensure to drink more water to keep yourself well hydrated .

Take soft diet like rice ,curd ,fruits etc

Consult qualified Gastroenterologist .

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query.

Take care,
Dr. Patil.