• question-icon

What causes chills, fatigue and loss of appetite?

Posted on Mon, 17 Jul 2017 in Infections
Question: After staying in a hotel at XXXXXXX State came home and have loss of appetite chills tired
and have lost about 40% of my energy. Have gone to the family Doctor and got blood
test for white and red blood cell , all vitals were good. Also checked for lymes desease
and tb. Did not get checked for Legionaire or virus to the heart. Going tomorrow and Wed.
for ct scan of chest and checking kidneys.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
What is your temperature? What did you do in XXXXXXX State?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this rather sudden onset of fatigue and loss of appetite. I am not sure if your chills are synonymous to fever or not. While legionnaires os possible after living in a hotel and using air-conditioning, the absence of respiratory symptoms of cough and difficult breathing make this less likely

If this has not been ongoing for long, I would have recommended a rather gradual and gentle approach. This is even more important as initial findings have all been normal. There are times in live we simply get low and have transient unexplained symptoms that should not make us panic. Unless they persist or get worse, we can often adopt a careful watch approach to address it.

Can you upload your entire results for review by me? To upload an image, simply click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions. If this proves difficult, please send the image by mail to YYYY@YYYY and request that the image should be uploaded to your query.

I do promise to get back to you with more insights and helpful recommendations as soon as the requested information gets here.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Chobufo Ditah