• question-icon

What causes chills and night sweats?

Posted on Mon, 27 Feb 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: The past three nights, I have experienced intense chills and night sweats. I've also been constipated the past two days and have been experiencing nausea and decreased appetite. Today, the nausea is intense, but no vomiting (a lot of belching after eating). I am generally healthy (male, 34, ideal weight). I was just diagnosed with paronychia (a minor infection of a fingernail); could these other symptoms be related? If not, what could they indicate? The symptoms might not look like much, but I feel very unwell.
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Have you been given antibiotics or anti inflammatory drugs for the paronych

Detailed Answer:
Hi welcome to Health care magic,

Have you been given antibiotics or anti inflammatory drugs for the paronychia?

If so, it may have caused severe acidity and gastritis leading to constipation also.

That is how we can connect the symptoms. Otherwise both could be independent.

For the paronychia, dress with an antibiotic cream mixed with Epsom salt and it should get relieved in a week.

For nausea, constipation and acidity, take Omeprazole with Domperidone plus a liquid antacid with Simethicone and you should be fine.

You can revert back.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Geeta Sundar