What causes chilling after changing BP medicines?

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist

Posted on Sat, 2 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I am taking BP medicine from last 2 month. Medicine are telma40 + eslo 5 in morning and metolar xr 12.5 in evening. 3 days back, I consulted with another physician and he has given me nebicard 2.5 and Nexito 10. Yesterday Morning, I had taken nebicard 2.5 and Nexito 10 around 10:30 AM. Around 3 PM, I started feeling cold in half of my leg and hand below knee. cold was very severe and because of that I had not good sleep in night. I stopped taking nebicard and nexito both today and taken old medicine telma 40 in morning and elso 5 in evening. Now I am still feeling cold in my leg and arm and it feels inside full body. It feels like ice water is inside my body. Please suggest is it because of nexito 10. My current BP is 140/70 and pulse 74. Please suggest solution
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
hold on

Detailed Answer:
I think you need to hold on to the old treatment
Sometimes it takes time for the symptoms go
Meanwhile try to go for some vitamin E

If there is anything else u need to know, let me know
Best of luck
Dr Mittal
Follow up: Dr. Saumya Mittal 52 minutes later
Thanks Doctor. I will follow your suggestion. Please suggest cure for cold sensation problem that I am feeling because of Nexito 10 and how much time generally it takes to cure.
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
try vitamin e

Detailed Answer:
the time is variable
you can try vitamin e 200 mg
Follow up: Dr. Saumya Mittal 16 hours later
Thanks Doctor.

Please let me know whether I can take Vitamin E supplement with Blood pressure medicine. Also I am taking Vitamin supplement Supradyn medicine. so Is it safe to take Vitamin E with these medicine. If yes, Please let me know name of Vitamin E supplement and for how many days I need to take it.
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
can b taken

Detailed Answer:

Vitmain E can be taken with other medicines
In XXXXXXX you can get it by name of many brands like evion
Take it for a month, or till the symptoms are relieved

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T