What causes chest tightness and burping while walking?
Lately (last 30 days) I have been having some tightness in my chest, but only when I am power walking after about 10 minutes. Obviously I am concerned about it, but it doesn't feel that way when I am not exercising. I am also burping a lot, which is unusual for me. Thanks for your input.
I would explain as follows:
Welcome on HCM!
Regarding your concern, I would like to explain that your actual clinical symptomatology raises suspicions about coronary heart disease (probable exertion angina).
In such case it is necessary to perform a careful differential diagnosis.
I recommend discussing with your attending doctor for:
- a careful physical exam (identification of possible coronary risk factors),
- a resting ECG,
- chest X ray study,
- cardiac enzymes (CK-MB, Troponin),
- cardiac ultrasound,
- liver and renal function tests,
- fasting blood glucose level,
- blood lipid profile, etc.
If enough suspicions on possible coronary artery disease are raised, then an exercise cardiac stress test is necessary.
I recommend discussing with your doctor on the above mentioned issues.
Hope to have been helpful to you!
Feel free to ask me again in case of any further uncertainties.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Momentary chest tightness causes
- Sinus cause chest tightness
- Chest tightness causes
- What causes chest tightness and difficulty in breathing
- What causes occasional chest tightness
- What causes chest tightness and wheezing
- Chest tightness while resting
- Feeling chest tightness causes
- Headphones causing chest tightness
- Episodic chest tightness causes