• question-icon

What causes chest tightness and breathing problem?

Posted on Thu, 2 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: I attempted to ask you this on Friday. I think HCM is limiting my questions again so here I will answer your question on my other account.

She is still single, she and I talk a lot, I still care about her as she does me. She has openly admitted to regretting divorcing me. She has said that any woman to get me was very lucky woman.

Fun? yes the conversation is personal but sure is fun to think about or daydream about.

Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This is not professional from HCM.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your follow up question on Healthcare Magic.
This is not professional from HCM.
Anyways we can't download anything about it.
And I am extremely happy by receiving this question because I though you might not liked our previous conversation and hence not replying.
Sorry for misunderstood you.
My friend, it's great that, she is still single and waiting for you.
I am mean this is the thing you should do first.
Divorce this lady and marry again with your dream girl.
How much time it will take time divorce this lady?
I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 21 minutes later
I went through the weekend with what must have been stress. Since we have concluded and agreed that COPD is out, I figure it must be stress with little thought to created it happening. I had upper chest tightness as I tried to breath. It stayed with me throughout the weekend and into this morning. I spent majority of my time in bed resting because there was where I felt the most comfortable when breathing.

You mention divorce ASAP, well I went into the weekend with a load of work to do from my job. This is just destroying me. I wonder if this is subconciously causing allready inflammed airways to become tighter as you mentioned.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Let me ask you few more specific things.

Detailed Answer:
I can understand your concern.
I want to ask you few more specific things.
1. Are you and your current wife staying together?
2. Is she working?
3. What about yours and your current wife's working hours?
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 2 minutes later
I work Monday thru Friday 7-5 plus weekend time to catch up

She is a nurse, she has no set schedule other than she works day shift of 7 am to 7Pm .
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Are you guys stay home during weekend?

Detailed Answer:
So you both stay at home in weekend together.
Is it so?
Means you both spend more time together in weekend?
Is it so?
The answer is no, not always, she works weekends, every other or every third. Then durning month she is part of a national guard army militia so she will give a weekend per month to them.

this weekend she worked and I was left to work adn watch her kids.
Brief Answer:
Is there any correlation between increasing symptoms when she is with you?

Detailed Answer:
I can understand your concern.
I want to see if there is any connection between her being at home with you and you are more symptomatic.
Is it so?
Are you more symptomatic when she is with you or you are thinking of her?
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 10 minutes later
I am aware of more when she is around or when I know she is coming home. I also am stress when I have to share time and space with 2 of her 3 children. '
I also am stressed by getting up and going to work, enough that I look forward to end of day to leave.

I have noticed that I unwind, enought that its noticeable when I leave work to go home. I am so stressed that I could spend hours upon hours in bed resting.

I have a hot tub at my house up north, I wish I had that available now because I would spend my time in it to relax but knowing the step children. they would leave it a mess as they do everything making one more stressful thing for me to clean.

What can you explain to me on how stress can tighten chest and inflame airways to make breathing difficult. maybe a better understanding will help me get control.

Oh, the house has a few animals, 1 dog and 2 cats. I have lived with dogs for years but the cats just shed and how much of what they shed is inhaled and bothering airways I dont know but am looking forward to getting away and back to my clean air house.

I spend one afternoon a week playing with a band, I am the only non smoker, I stay inside when they go out to smoke, I notice that I breath harder when i smell the smoke on them. ewwe

Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Have you ever undergone allergy testing?

Detailed Answer:
I can understand your concern.
So you are more symptomatic with her presence or thoughts or anything related to her.
You are saying interesting things now.
1. Smoking
2. Pets at home.
Both of them can worsen inflammation in the airways if already present due to stress.
So please let me know
1. Are your step children smoking?
2. Have you ever undergone allergy testing?
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 6 minutes later
No one in my household smokes.
Most of the musicians I record and rehearse with do smoke but they leave the presmisis and go outside to smoke. I smell is when they walk by.

Not taken the time to go the allergy test. I have a well respected allergy and asthma center in my hometown, I want to do it there and have it accessable when living there.

Allergies and odors. Live near here, I live near huge Cattle farms and animal farms and Crop farms where the odors, pollen, and dust can just stuff you up.

If small airways are first bothered by these smells and then stress attacks is this a possible reaction that I am having
Brief Answer:
Yes, combination of both these can make you more symptomatic.

Detailed Answer:
I can understand your concern.
Yes, absolutely.
Combination of both these can lead to exaggeration of symptoms.
I want to put more emphasis on your surroundings.
Please let me know
1. Since how long you are staying in this house with cats, dogs and allergic surrounding?
2. Did you live elsewhere in the past?
Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist