What causes chest pressure and burning in lips?

Dr. Muhammad Hanif

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: I'm 35 and having chest pressure and yesterday my lips were burning a little while having the pressure it only goes away when lying down. What is it and should I go to the hospital
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Hanif 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes get it evaluated from the hospital.

Detailed Answer:
Dr. Hanif warmly Welcomes you to my virtual clinic HCM!
I have carefully worked through your case, and can realize your health worries. Being your physician, I will take care all of your medical concerns today and will put my best efforts to get you out of this situation.

Yes you should get it checked from the hospital.

The reasons usually in such cases may be:
A heart problem.
Due to hyperacidity and ulcer in the stomach or duodenum.

Your attending physician will go for a number of tests on you including EKG and blood work and if necessary will go exercise tolerance test to rule out the cardiac cause. First, cardiac evaluation is done and after that if all is clear your physician may refer you to the Gastroenterologist for help after evaluation.

Have a wonderful time ahead. Hope I answered all of your questions. Let me know if you have any further clinical concerns or doubts. I will be more than happy to get back to you in no time. If satisfied here, please give a generous five star rating to help us assist our patients in a better way; and, please don't forget to 'Close This Discussion'.
For any disease you have, a timely follow-up after sometime regarding the treatment efficacy and to see if there is any need to change the treatment options is very necessary. So keep a follow up to see how you doing (Write down my name in the start of your question always & I will be with you sooner).

Regards!
DR. XXXXXXX HANIF
USA

Click the link to open my profile. Click 'Ask Me a Question' anytime for super fast expert medical help!!!
https://www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-muhammad-hanif/70199

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T