What causes chest pain,pins and needles in arm and leg and dizziness?

Excellent

Psychiatrist
Question
I am having very strange physical medical symptoms (chest pain, arm and leg pins and needles, extreme dizziness, fatigue, constant burping) and have checked out OK in the ER. I've been told its anxiety. I have these symptoms all day long and I can't pinpoint anything that would bring on anxiety. Would anxiety cause these types of physical symptoms all day long?
Posted Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Anxiety and Stress

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes it can

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

All the symptoms that you have stated could be attributed to anxiety disorder. Especially when all the lab and cardiac work has come out normal. Infact anxiety can have a varied presentation and its not necessarily associated with stress. It may even stay for days together unless you get treated properly. You have not mentioned the tests that you have undergone. Have you undergone serum calcium levels, serum electrolyte levels, serum B12 levels and echocardiography test. These are some things one should seriously think about.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.

Follow-up: What causes chest pain,pins and needles in arm and leg and dizziness? 4 hours later
I have had the Echo (and 24hr heart monitor, multiple ECGs, blood testing) but I'm not sure about the calcium, electrolyte, or b-12 tests. What would those tests indicate? Deficiencies?

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Yes these may indicate deficiency of these trace components which can lead to the mentioned symptoms.
Hence it would be better to get them examined.
Thanks
Dr. XXXXXXX Reddy MD