What causes chest pain with pins and needles in arms and legs and dizziness?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013
Excellent

Neurologist
Question
I am a 24 y/o female. I have had chest pain, pins and needles in arms and legs, slightly painful feeling of pressure around temples (pain alternates sides) - all symptoms come and go. I have also had pretty extreme dizziness and fatigue.

Have had heart tests (blood and EKG), chest CT and head CT. ED doctors have said everything is normal except I have a borderline abnormal T-wave inversion but that is also "normal" according to them.

No history of medical problems or illness.
Posted Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be related to stress or tension.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

I have noted your symptoms. I would like to reassure you that these are not suggestive of any serious neurological disease.

Normal CT head, CT chest and EKG rules out any serious problems with brain, lungs and heart, respectively.

Your symptoms are most likely related to stress or tension.

I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in