• question-icon

What causes chest pain while exercising in a 27 year old man?

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: 27 yr old male c/o chest pain with exercise and s.o.b goes down his Rt arm. resting ECG negative. additional testing suggested? Labs? Stress ECG?
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes, get investigated

Detailed Answer:
Hi friend
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Yes, It is most likely muscle pain – strain or spasm of chest wall muscles or neck, from posture, even anxiety…      
Yet, get further tests done – not urgent, but to conclude / not to rule in but to rule out     
Relation to exercise and SoB is an indication for further investigation … A stress ECG and ECHOcardiography, an-ray chest and Lung Function test (PFT) can exclude most problem related to the lung or heart…
If nothing is found (most likely), it reassures…

Good luck
God bless you
Dr. Anantharamakrishnan

Cardiologist