What causes chest pain while breathing in a GERD patient?
Might be oesophageal spasm
Hello and welcome to HCM. I understand your concern.
You know, gas content situated in the sprite drink may be aggravating your situation, so, as a first recommendation, I would you suggest you to quit it.
Even though you may have gastro-oesophageal reflux disorder, there are a few other diagnoses that may be suspected for this symptom. First, this does not look like angina (pain coming from coronary arteries, since this kind of pain is very rare in a 40 year old lady, and it is not affected by the respiratory cycle.
The suspects that remain are oesophageal spasm, which may produce this kind of pain, especially in the terrain of GERD, where the acid reflux to the oesophagus, makes ots mucosa inflamed.
Rare, but not impossible, this may be some entity which is affecting your airway, lungs or the linings that surround them (pleura). I recommend you to carry out a plain chest X-ray, more to exclude these entities.
I hope I was helpful. I am happy to help, if you have follow-up questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pain while breathing causes
- What causes chest pain while breathing with palpitations
- Chest pain while breathing and coughing difficulty in breathing
- Chest pain heartburn pain while breathing treatment
- Chest pain while breathing is this a serious problem
- Left chest pain while breathing
- What causes pain while breathing
- What causes left sided pain while breathing
- Experiencing sharp chest pain while breathing
- Smoking chest pain while breathing