Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

What causes chest pain, weakness and tingling inspite of normal cardiac and blood tests?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 2100 Questions
i started out eith severe chest pain on upperleft chest, near shoulder. was admitted to the coronoary unit at lenox hill hspital after being seen in the er there. they did all test, including 4 blood tests, 4 ekg's, echocardigram, and finally amgiogram -- all normal, no blockages, etc. was released last night, still. having the same quality of pain but moved to back of shoulder and left arm, still a little in chest, with weakness, tingling and weakness in left hand and fingers.
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It can be due to nerve compression. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. Since your cardiac investigations are within normal limits, cardiac abnormality seems unlikely. After reading your post, it seems that muscular pain and nerve compression can be the cause of your symptoms. You should get yourself clinically examined and investigated by a Neurophysician. MRI of the upper thoracic area will be helpful. You can take painkiller like Ibuprofen twice daily after meals along with a muscle relaxant like Chloroxazone and an antacid like Omeprazole 40mg once a day before meals after consulting your doctor. Avoid lifting heavy weights from that side. I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help. Regards. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What causes chest pain, weakness and tingling inspite of normal cardiac and blood tests? 3 minutes later
By neurophyscian do you mean a neurologist? Could it be pulmonary?
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: pulmonary cause seems unlikely. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your response. Yes you should consult a neurologist. The cause seems more of a muscular and of nerve origin. I hope this answers your query. If you have any further doubts, please mention. Regards. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor