What causes chest pain radiating to arm and jaw?

Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I am experiencing chest pain daily, usually at night once my imdur has worn off. I have had chest pain that radiates to my arm, jaw, and back for over a year now. Ekgs.in the past have revealed st depressions during a bad attack, stress test was normal, although i had noon specific st depression there as well. Ct Anglo showed normal but with a relatively short lad. They don't think this pain is cardiac. I stopped taking my imdur and the attacks were every day and i was miserable. I began taking the Indie again and the pain has subsided greatly. Fast acting nitro also helps during a bad attack. Could this be due to a spasm of the coronary arteries or mvd? I also go pale and get nausea or sob.
Answered by Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Most probably a coronary spasm

Detailed Answer:

Though coronory spasm cannot be visualized but such spasms can be predicted in some people whose chest pain get better with Imdur or Nitro. Since the CT coronory angiography is normal which is very specific investigation I would not go with any blockage or obstruction to the blood flow to the heart.

In case of ST abnormalities I would be working on the electrolytes imbalance in your body like hypocalcemia, hypokalemia which needs a careful assessment.

Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any queries I will be happy to help you.
Thank you.