What causes chest pain inspite of having anxiety?

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi i have had slight pains in my chest at the left handside for a about a week and a half now and doesnt seem to be going away. I have ocd which can give me anxiety alot but i have been checked by a local doctor and they have said that my heart rate, blood pressure are fine nothing wrong with that side. The doctor said to relax which im trying to do and exercise but it is still there wee niggling pains just like heart palpitations and cant seem to get rid of it. If anyone has any advice would be much appreciated? Thanks
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need benzodiazepine

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would help you in this query.

Now doubt, this is a anxiety attack. If you have had any benzodiazepine like klonopin or xanax, you can take it. It would help to subside the anxiety attack. In case, you do not have, you can go to any emergency set up nearby your home and get it.

If you need further help, you can ask.

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor
Psychiatrist