What causes chest pain in middle of the chest?

Question
I have chest pain in middle of my chest between my ribs, Its there for more than 2 weeks now.

It occurs usually when I bend and its bearable but I am a little concerned now.

please help!!
Posted Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You should not worried about your pain.

Detailed Answer:
In my opinion your symptoms are suggestive of costochondritis which is an inflammation of the chest wall.
Usually it is a self resolving condition and pain goes in 4-6 weeks time.
If your pain is severe then you can take pain killer and anti inflammatory drug to relieve pain.
I would suggest you some measures which may relieve your pain-
1) You can use heat pad.
2) You can apply ice on it.
3) Avoid exercise, they can worsen your pain.
4) Acupuncture
If you are doing all this and your pain is not relieved and radiating to arm or associated with sweating, you should consult a cardiologist and rule out the cause of your pain.( heart attack)
I think I have answered your query if you have further questions I will be happy to help you.
Good luck.
Dr. Richa