• question-icon

What causes chest pain, heart palpitations and shortness of breath?

Posted on Tue, 31 May 2016 in General Health
Question: hello. I have been dealing with a lot of symptoms lately and I don't know what's happening. I had a lot of chest pain and very hard heart palpitations. some shortness of breath. I had a lot of the heart tests done( heart monitor, stress test, echo, blood work), which all came back normal. They said it was anxiety or something but I know that this is not the case. My knees started swelling up really bad and filling with fluid, and I couldn't walk it was so painful. I now have terrible knee pain, hip pain, and back pain. my whole body hurts and is in pain a lot where I can't do much actively. my heart also seems to be effected. It just feels like something is wrong. I have chest pain, shortness of breath and the weirdest palpitations . sometimes they are violent and it beats like 6 times extremely hard..some days it's 10 noticeable palpitations and some days less. they are scary. I feel my heart working if that makes sense. before I wouldn't notice it but now I always feel it. I can feel it in my ears and neck. I can feel it beating fast and noticeable. when I stand up I can feel it
working hard and beating. I feel it beating everywhere. if I'm holding a glass tightlyfeel it besting in my finger. I can touch my ear next to my temple and feel it. if my penis is erect I can feel it pulsing. its like I can feel the blood pulsing all through my body when I've never been able.to unless I was really looking for it. what could all this mean? I don't know how else to test my heart but something is wrong
.
I might have arthritis could this be doing this to my heart? Also with the super stiff neck and sore throats maybe some sort of infection. also I was thinking food allergies or something with my blood vessels. I'm having trouble getting answers other then anxiety when I know its something wrong. I haven't felt normal in months. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
Answered by Dr. Lilit Baghdasaryan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs a rheumatologist assessment

Detailed Answer:

At first you should have complete rheumatologist assessment to diagnose what is happening with your joints and receive adequate treatment.
You should know that any infection, arthritis or other rheumatoid problem can cause such complaints from the side of heart. If you have done all heart tests, and they came back normal, it means that there is no organic damage in your heart, so your complaints are not dangerous. They will disappear gradually after treating the initial disease connected with joints.

Hope this was helpful

Wishing you good health

In case of further questions don't hesitate to ask

Dr. Lilit Baghdasaryan

Cardiologist