What causes chest pain despite negative X-ray results?

Dr. Jnikolla

Pulmonologist

Posted on Fri, 8 Jun 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: Hi,
I am experiencing pain across my chest whenever I lay down on my side. It's not the kind of pain that associates a heart problem because I've had that in the past. This is a dull pain that builds the longer I lay on my side. As soon as I get up, it slowly disipates. It almost seems like it's coming from my lungs. I had a chest
x-ray last month and it was negative. Any ideas?
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
probably gastric reflux

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to HealthcareMagic,

I can understand your concern

According to the history, you have done a chest X-Ray one month ago and it was clear which means that the lungs are excluded.

The next step, in my opinion, should be to evaluate the stomach problem such as gastric reflux.

Usually, it causes chest pain. For this, you can add as a treatment antiacids medications (like Omeprazole 20mg orally once for one month ) and see the results.

Please discuss with your doctor for the above and I am sure s/he will take into consideration it.

Hope to have been helpful

Regards and feel free to ask me again

Dr.Jolanda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee