Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

What causes chest pain and knot in back after a fall?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2217 Questions
i fell on my back a few weeks ago nd now it just feels like i have a big knot back there but since then have also had a pain in my front left chest close to my armpit. it hurts when i cough,breath and especially sneeze. all this on top of a torn rotator cuff that i have been rehabbing for the last couple months on the same side. did i hurt a rib? and why do i hurt on the front?
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Need urgent tests&futher consultations... Detailed Answer: Hi there, The big knot on the back after falling with continuous pain in front left chest close to armpit could be related to post-traumatic complications: - hematoma - broken ribs - abdominal complications I strongly suggest to get an urgent evaluation by doing : - chest X-ray - abdominal ultrasound - physical examination by a neurologist and pulmonologist to exclude possible complications. All the best! Dr.Klerida
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor