What causes chest pain and heart burn?
No apparent medical reason-probably stress related
the colleagues excluded acute coronary events and ongoing arrhythmias but what about transient arrhythmias that come and go and may cause faint like symptoms? I'm sure the cardiologists checked for them too but you haven't mentioned anything.
Heartburn symptoms can usually be attributed to stomach acidity or gastro-esophageal reflux disease. Heart attacks may cause the same but this diagnosis has already being ruled out.
Other possible causes of chest tightness include acute lung problems like pneumothorax or pulmonary embolism but the usual cardiological investigation brings them out.
Weakness can appear in several medical conditions including anemia, electrolyte disorders, hypothyroidism, etc. Since you've undergone extensive evaluation for cardiological causes it's unlikely that any of the above is present. Please check if you've done a complete blood count, sodium, potassium, TSH levels and a chest X-ray.
Weakness is also a symptom of stress-related disorders like anxiety or could be due to physical exertion.
I would suggest to give yourselft some time to relax. Perhaps take a few days off.
Your heartburn can probably get better by avoiding big meals (particularly fatty meals), too much coffee and lying down right after a meal. Your doctor may consider a proton pump inhibitor drug.
It's not easy to give a specific diagnosis in cases like this. What you've described is not a typical presentation of a medical condition.
Despite that I hope I've shed some light on your situation.
If you have any more questions on the subject, I'll be more than happy to answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Will fibroids cause heart burn
- Swallowed coin chest pain causing stomach pain and heart burn
- What causes chest pains and heart spasm
- What causes light headedness and heart burn with back pain
- Hard to breath with chest pain and heart burn
- Heart burn chest pain and nose bleed
- Is heart burn caused by oxyelite
- What causes bad heart burn and indigestion
- Chest pain heart burn urine test normal advice
- Unusual and unexplained chest pain why heart burns hormonal imbalance
- Suggest treatment for splenic cyst
- What causes dry throat?
- What causes itching in breast?
- What causes chest pain and heart burn?
- Suggest treatment for pain in heels
- Can i take Paxil along with Clonidine?
- Suggest ways to manage diabetes
- Does taking Plaquinel for lupus affect the memory?
- What does an enlarged lymph node on neck indicate?
- Is infection possible by touching a dead bird despite using a disinfectant?